Abracadabra – ‘Magic’ Myles Price (10-6) is back.
The Team Ryano Kilkenny head coach picked up a convincing win on his return to professional MMA on Saturday.
See also: BAMMA 35 in Photos: Price v Raeburn
Dublin’s 3Arena was the host for BAMMA 35 with Price fighting on the Lohore v Pascu undercard in his first bout since February 2016. Welshman Phil Raeburn (8-7), representing SBG Concorde, the opposition.
Two years ago it was a second round stoppage against Mario Saeed at BAMMA 24: Kone v Phillips. ‘Magic’ missed BAMMA 28 (due to face Rhy McKee for the then Lonsdale Lightweight title) and BAMMA 30 (against Philip Mulpeter) due to injury. On Saturday night, the hardwork on rehabilitation and conditioning paid off with a dominating unanimous decision victory.
It’s a rare occasion to get fighters with near identical records and similar histories going into a bout and this occasion lived up to all expectations.
Price v Raeburn: The Result
Rounds one and two were full-paced back and forth exchanges, both finding their respective ranges early on. By round three, the pace had shifted in favour of Price, the Kilkenny native dropping Raeburn early in the round.
While the Welshman showed good recovery, Price continued to pile on the pressure, ultimately taking Raeburn’s back late in the third. Though the finish eluded him, he did more than enough to earn the decision victory.
With the win, Price climbs to 10-6 and marks his lightweight card with the promotion while Raeburn – a BAMMA debutant and 13 year veteran of the sport – slips to 8-7.
BAMMA 35 Results
- Ion Pascu def. Alex Lohore via unanimous decision (30-27,30-27,29-28)
- Kiefer Crosbie def. Josh Plant via TKO (strikes) 3:47 Round 1
- Fabian Edwards def. Claudio Conti via TKO (liver kick) 1.00 Round 1
- Blaine O’Driscoll def. Aaron Robinson via submission (RNC) 2:52 Round 1
- Anthony Taylor def. Dean Barry via submission (RNC) 0:39 Round 2
- Myles Price def. Phil Raeburn via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Sam Slater def. Jeanderson Castro via submission (RNC) 2:36 Round 2
- Daniel Olejniczak def. Steve Owens via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29,28)
- Pawel Politylo def. Nathan Kelly via split decision
- Diarmuid O Buachalla def. Martin Ward via TKO (strikes) 0:31 Round 1
- James Sheehan def. Dillon Manning via submission (rear-naked choke) 2:45 Round 1
- Matiss Zaharovs def. Austin Lynch via TKO (strikes) 2:33 Round 2
- Mark Gallivan def. John Byrne via submission (rear-naked choke) 1:30 Round 3 (Amateur Welterweight)
- Maciek Gierszewski def. Karl McCallig Via TKO (Strikes) 3:16 Round 1 (Swing bout)
Details of BAMMA 36 will be announced next week though the promotion is expected to return to Ireland again later this year.
Get In Touch
Fight news to share? Want to get involved? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @mmacharge.