UFC veteran Thiago Silva is stepping in for the injured Michael Adryszak to face James McSweeney in at KSW 45.
Silva (20-7) Silva has been plying his trade under ACB of late, shipping a split decision loss to Mickhail Kolobegov at ACB 82 in March this year.
A twelve-fight veteran of the UFC, Brazil’s Thiago Silva is one of the most recognised fighters in the world. The 35-year-old holds career wins over the likes of Matt Hamill, Keith Jardine, Houston Alexander, and James Irvin, and has fought alongside Alexander Gustafsson and Rashad Evan in main events in the UFC.
Silva is a feared striker in MMA with fourteen wins coming by way of TKO/KO and will be aiming to add another devastating finish to that list at KSW 45.
For McSweeney (15-16), it’s a hometown return for his first fight in London since his win over former KSW champ Marcin Rozalsi at KSW 32.
At 37 years old, the Londoner will be aiming to put on a show in the KSW heavyweight division.
McSweeney will be looking to snap a three fight skid, not having picked up a win since 2015.
In the time since, he dropped a first roudn TKO to Karol Bedorf (KSW 35), a corner stoppage at Australian FC 17 (2016) and a decision loss to Fernano Rodrigues at Superior Challenge 17 in May this year.
A Stacked Card
This fight joins a stacked card for KSW London that includes a heavyweight title fight between Phil De Fries and Karol Bedorf, a rematch between welterweight champion Dricus Du Plessis and Roberto Soldic, as well as the beginning of a four-man tournament between Michal Materla, Damian Janikowski, Scott Askham, and Marcin Wojcik to crown a new KSW middleweight champion.
KSW 45 Fight Card
- Phil De Fries (c) vs. Karol Bedorf, KSW Heavyweight Title
- Popek Monster vs. Erko Jun, Heavyweight
- Dricus Du Plessis (c) vs. Roberto Soldic, KSW Welterweight Title
- MichalMaterla vs. Damian Janikowski (Middleweight tournament bout)
- Scott Askham vs. Marcin Wojcik (Middleweight tournament bout)
- James McSweeney v Thiago Silva, Heavyweight
- Wagner Prado v Max Nunes, Light heavyweight
- Akop Szostak v TBA (John Smith has withdrawn, replacement pending), Light heavyweight
- Leszek Krakowski v Alfie Davis, Lightweight
KSW 45: The Return to Wembley will be live around the world on KSWTV.com and tickets are on sale right now from AXS.com.
Get In Touch
Fight news to share? Want to get involved? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @mmacharge.