The IMMAF European Championships are kicking off in Romania on Monday.
Irish competitors, both in the senior and youth ranks, have already landed, registered and await their first bouts from Monday.
— IMMAF (@IMMAFed) June 17, 2018
The next few days includes the IMMAF Youth European Open Championships (18-20s/U21) and the IMMAF Senior European Championships (18+).
Hosted by the Romanian Kempo MMA Federation, IMMAF’s two nation vs nation, elite amateur MMA tournaments will run concurrently at the Grand Rin Hotel over five days.
The senior event features 126 competitors from 23 nations, while the inaugural junior championship puts a stake in the ground with 30 athletes from 10 countries.
Having merged with the World Mixed Martial Arts Association, this is the first IMMAF event welcoming WMMAA athletes, en route to the new World Amateur MMA Championships in Bahrain this coming November.
Irish Fighters at the IMMAF European Championships (Senior)
- Adrian Elbert – Men’s Middleweight 83.9 kg (185 lbs)
- Aeilish O Hanlon – Women’s Atomweight 47.6 kg (105 lbs)
- Cathal Manning – Men’s Light Heavyweight 93 kg (205 lbs)
- Ciaran Clarke – Men’s Lightweight 70.3 kg (155 lbs)
- Deirdre Fitzpatrick – Women’s Strawweight 52.2 kg (115 lbs)
- Dylan Ó Donovan – Men’s Bantamweight 61.2 kg (135 lbs)
- Jack Maguire – Men’s Featherweight 65.8 kg (145 lbs)
- Jack Monahan – Men’s Lightweight 70.3 kg (155 lbs)
- John Byrne – Men’s Welterweight 77.1 kg (170 lbs)
- John Mitchell – Men’s Welterweight 77.1 kg (170 lbs)
- Padraig Kelleher – Men’s Heavyweight 120.2 kg (265 lbs)
- Ryan O’Connor – Men’s Featherweight 65.8 kg (145 lbs)
- Ryan Spillane – Men’s Heavyweight 120.2 kg (265 lbs)
Irish Fighters at the IMMAF European Championships (Juniors)
- Adam Darby – Men’s Jr Lightweight 70.3 kg (155 lbs)
- Brian Draper – Men’s Jr Heavyweight 120.2 kg (265 lbs)
- Jamie Abbott-bissett – Men’s Jr Flyweight 56.7 kg (125 lbs)
- Jordan Bradshaw – Men’s Jr Featherweight 65.8 kg (145 lbs)
- Nahom Alem – Men’s Jr Featherweight 65.8 kg (145 lbs)
- Patrick Dunne-Symes – Men’s Jr Bantamweight 61.2 kg (135 lbs)
- Patrick Lehane – Men’s Jr Lightweight 70.3 kg (155 lbs)
- Trevor Makengo – Men’s Jr Heavyweight 120.2 kg (265 lbs)
Northern Ireland will be represented in the youths championship by bantamweight figher Jack Corr (5-3, amateur). In the senior championships Ciaran Breslin (featherweight) Ciaran Mulholland (bantamweight) and Gerard Corr (featherweight) will all compete.
How to watch this year’s IMMAF European Championships
The senior and youth championships are available to watch live online this year from IMMAF.tv.
This gives you two options.
The Championship Pass gives you access to the full tournament live, allowing for playback up until 25 June (three days post-event). It can be yours for less than the price of a Dublin pint at €4.99.
The 2018 Season Subscription gives you access to the Europeans, plus the Asian champions and Worlds in November. You can watch every match from IMMAF and it’s valid right up to the end of the year. For this, you’re looking at €12.99 as a flat rate.
2018 European Championships Schedule
Pending the tournament draw, this is how the schedule should play out up to Friday.
- Monday (Day 1): Juniors Quarter Finals /Seniors Preliminaries (round 32 )
estimated number of bouts = 9 (2:45hrs)
- Tuesday (Day 2): Seniors Preliminaries (round 16)
estimated number of bouts = 35 (8:45 hrs)
- Wednesday (Day 3): Seniors Quarter Finals
estimated number of bouts = 33 (8:30 hours)
- Thursday (Day 4): Semi-Finals, Juniors & Seniors
estimated number of bouts = 36 (8:45hrs)
- Friday (Day 5): Finals & Medals Ceremony, Juniors & Seniors
estimated number of bouts = 21 (8hrs)
Get In Touch
Fight news to share? Want to get involved? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @mmacharge.